Friday, September 10, 2010

En route

I'm writing to you all from the Frankfurt airport. Words are coming slowly and clumsily to my sleep deprived mind, but I'll try to make sense. The flight from Minneapolis left at 6:30 am, arrived at JFK at 10. The flight from JFK left at 4pm and arrived here in Frankfurt at midnight NY time and 6am German time. After our 5 hour layover here we will leave for Cairo, arriving around 3:30pm local time. The group consists of 18 students, 9 spending the semester in Cairo and 9 (including me) spending the semester in Alexandria. I considered taking a photo of my airplane meals for the blog, but I am not sure that can be considered "food" so I decided against it. I do have some photos, but nothing too interesting yet, so I'll hold off. Also, not sure how much time left I have of this 8-euro (!) hour of internet, so I should probably cut this short before tmobile does it for me. We are staying in Cairo for a week for orientation and I have no idea what the internet situation will be like in the hotel we are staying out, so I will write again when I can. Thanks for comments, keep 'em comin'! It's nice to know people are reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it to Cairo. Food should be more interesting now, perhaps photo worthy. Karen interested in your culinary experiences and local architecture. Have you met your room mate yet?
    Sending you our love and wishes for a splendid adventure.
    Love, Grandpa and Karen

    ReplyDelete